Friday, July 06, 2007

White Only, Please

July is here which means I should start sweating about turning a year older next month. But who cares about a number when other symptoms of ageing are more obvious. Stress is doing a number on me and it’s showing, my friends. Grey hair has started sprouting in all directions and when I went to a “wear white only” party recently, I was pretty sure I was wearing it from head to umm, let’s see, below the waist. I could blame it all on genes (dad’s side has a healthy crop) but that would be too easy. Instead, I will go to the mirror and search frantically for some new ones… like waiting for the birth of amphibians waiting to attack in short, sporadic moments. There’s one! And another one! Ooh, I think this is a pretty long one there. At last count, there were about six strands. Maybe I will get my hair coloured the next time I get a haircut. But I don’t see a big deal in keeping it au natural because technically speaking, white is also a colour, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am getting gray hair too. But I live in the comfort that there is a slim percentage of women who actually find gray hair on men sexy. I mean, well, I am married and all that and I don't care who finds me sexy and all that :P

"umm, let’s see, below the waist"
Lol. You sound disappointed that the hair on legs is not gray :P

Shilpa said...

TDNA: you're right, unless you're George Clooney there will be a slim percentage who will find gray hair on men sexy. am sure your wife finds you sexy at least so cut the false modesty :p
re: "umm, let's see, below the waist." i was talking about how much white i was wearing and till where ie. wearing a white kurta top over jeans. (and i checked, i don't have any gray on my legs. phew.)

Anonymous said...

best to leave it... aging gracefully it's called. and don't worry about the numbers! 40 is the new 30 or some such right?

PunjabiSushi said...

While I admit I find white hair on men sexy, am wondering when that is going to apply for women...

Anonymous said...

monica: thanks a ton man... now i have to clarify to everyone here i am NOT turning 40 next month. long way off for that one :)
sushi: i doubt it.. phrases like "aging gracefully" are tossed around for women. like Nafisa Ali and Maharani Gayatri Devi - would call them sexy or graceful??

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've been missing for a while, I know! Just for the record, I have plenty of white hair and I'm not turning 40 any time soon either!

Anonymous said...

oh hell. i didnt mean you are turning 40... just meant that age is a rubbish number...

Anonymous said...

payalllll: where have u been??
monica: "age is a rubbish no." and pluto is still a planet. yes. i believe.