Monday, August 25, 2008

Order of Inventory

OK, I just had another 30-something birthday last week. Time for another life inventory:

No job? Check.
No home? Check.
No significant other/pet/fish tank/visiting mice? Check.

For some godforsaken reason, the universe is giving me the biggest bitch-slap ever and I am supposed to get The Lesson from it. What it is, I am still figuring it out. It's been more than two months since I've been unemployed and a little more than two weeks when I received two job offers which did not work out for whatever reason. On top of that, I will not be able to commit to signing a year's lease on my apt. so I have to sell off my furniture, donate the rest, pack up the essentials and shuffle between charitable friends and relatitves. It will be a soulful purge of excess baggage, to say the least.
So I have had the wind knocked out of me. But I've also literally gotten back on my feet again. I know I'm doing much better than a lot of other people might under these circumstances. And perhaps I will look back on these days with wonder and pride at how I managed to pull through it. But for now, I have to keep my head above water and keep swimming to the shore. And make sure to remember another life inventory:

Loving, supportive family? Check.
Amazing friends? Check.
Great resources for my general well-being? Check.

If there is more crap on the way (and there will be), I can take it. And then some.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shikha said...

I can empathize - you'll make it through, just sit tight. And, yes, someday we will all be together in our palatial homes, with our handsome husbands nearby, and our adorable kids running around, and we'll be laughing thinking about the state that our lives were in in our early 30s. One can hope, right? ;) Hang in there, babe - you'll be just fine.

Shikha said...

I can empathize - you'll make it through, just sit tight. And, yes, someday we will all be together in our palatial homes, with our handsome husbands nearby, and our adorable kids running around, and we'll be laughing thinking about the state that our lives were in in our early 30s. One can hope, right? ;) Hang in there, babe - you'll be just fine.

Anonymous said...

you know, not having visiting mice or roaches is a a GOOD thing. hang in there, sweetie! divesting of the trappings and restarting isn't a bad thing plus we'd welcome you back with open arms if you were to return home! mwah